RE: pictures

From: Joe Hewitt <joe@joehewitt.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 12:06:21 -0400
To: <www-forms@w3.org>
> A variation of this capability shows up in the XForms working
> draft [1] as
> 'mask' and 'pattern' facets on the string type.

Right, but a pattern is not a picture because it's not a fixed format, and
as of now mask is only specified on the string type.  I assume you plan to
add mask to all data types and expand the vocabulary, perhaps to the level
of flexibility defined in the XFA document.

Also, mask seems to be only for validation purposes (as of now).  There need
to be a flag which which specifies whether the mask is for validating input,
or formatting output.  It can't be both because if you're using the mask to
format, it's always goign to output something valid.

Looking forward to see how this works out in upcoming drafts.

- Joe