From: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 20:23:32 -0700
To: public-forms@w3.org
CC: www-forms-editor@w3.org

XForms mentions in a few places support for xsi:type, in "4.3.5 The
xforms-revalidate Event", "6.2.1 Atomic Datatype", and "7.11.4 The id()

It is not clear to me if an implementation must support xsi:type
attributes on elements when there is no xforms:model/@schema defined, or
no inline schema.

It is my understanding that the "type" model item property does support
XML Schema and XForms built-in data types even in the absence of a
schema. But is this true as well of xsi:type attributes?