XForms value attribute

From: Andrew Bonard <Andrew.Bonard@harlandfs.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 23:44:22 +0200
To: www-forms-editor@w3.org

Hello,

I'd like to suggest that we have a value attribute that can be used
on the send element in section 10.11. The optional attribute would
contain an XPath expression to evaluate using the in-scope evaluation
context. The result of the XPath expression is the submission identity.

The markup might look something like:

<action>
         <send value="concat('submission_', ../defaultSendLocation)"/>
</action>

My feeling is that the attribute would allow for a more dynamic and
configurable binding to the submission element.

Regards,

Andrew Bonard