[LC1.1] Section 11.7 'verb'

From: Steve K Speicher <sspeiche@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 08:36:50 -0400
To: www-forms-editor@w3.org

This is a LC comment regarding the "verb" section of
and likewise references in

1) I can not find a clear definition or normative reference, to what a
"verb" is.

Section states:
        "default value is determined based on the URI scheme and the
method attribute using the rules in 11.9 Submission Options. "
        Looking in 11.9, I can not find any clear rules for processing.
Only a reference to the "submission" column, which does not define a
string literal that can be used for the value of the element/attribute of
verb.  I'd recommend clarifying the table either by adding a new "Verb"
column and string literals that are valid.

Section states:
        "For example, under the http and https schemes, the methods post
and urlencoded-post correspond to the verb POST"
        Does this imply that if action="http://someurl" that verb="post"
and if action="https://someurl" then verb="urlencoded-post"?

Section states:
        "If given, the verb attribute overrides the default verb used in
        What is the default?  Perhaps it is given in the table in 11.9 but
I'm unable to clearly map the values

5) Editorial
Section states:
        "The submission element can optionally *have* a child element
named verb"
missing word *have*

Steve Speicher
IBM SWG, Software Standards