[LC1.1] Section 11.7 'verb'

From: Steve K Speicher <sspeiche@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 08:36:50 -0400
To: www-forms-editor@w3.org

This is a LC comment regarding the "verb" section of
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-xforms11-20070222/#submit-verb
and likewise references in
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-xforms11-20070222/#submit-options

1) I can not find a clear definition or normative reference, to what a
"verb" is.

2)
Section states:
        "default value is determined based on the URI scheme and the
method attribute using the rules in 11.9 Submission Options. "
Comment:
        Looking in 11.9, I can not find any clear rules for processing.
Only a reference to the "submission" column, which does not define a
string literal that can be used for the value of the element/attribute of
verb.  I'd recommend clarifying the table either by adding a new "Verb"
column and string literals that are valid.

3)
Section states:
        "For example, under the http and https schemes, the methods post
and urlencoded-post correspond to the verb POST"
Comment:
        Does this imply that if action="http://someurl" that verb="post"
and if action="https://someurl" then verb="urlencoded-post"?

4)
Section states:
        "If given, the verb attribute overrides the default verb used in
submission"
Comment:
        What is the default?  Perhaps it is given in the table in 11.9 but
I'm unable to clearly map the values

5) Editorial
Section states:
        "The submission element can optionally *have* a child element
named verb"
missing word *have*

Thanks,
Steve Speicher