Re: What does "kanji" mean?

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 05:24:32 +0900
To: "MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)" <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>
Cc: www-forms-editor@w3.org, Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.mag.keio.ac.jp>, MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>

At 23:52 05/03/01, MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) wrote:

 >Let me ask one question.  When Unicode or 10646 introduces some
 >subrepertoire representing JIS X 0213:2004 and name that subrepertoire,
 >will XForms add that name as a script token?

I would not expect that to happen. Situations where you have
one input method for JIS X 0208, and another for 213, would
be very rare to say the least. Also, it's very difficult to
immagine situations where a field would explicitly have to be
tagged as accepting 213; most of the input would be from
208 anyway, and any Unicode character can be input; the
mechanism in Appendix E doesn't restrict what you can input,
it only helps saving time by allowing inputting the more
probable cases more quickly.

Regards,    Martin.