Re: 8.1.7 - range Element

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 08:41:49 EDT
To: jerome.negre@e-xmlmedia.fr, xforms@yahoogroups.com, www-forms@w3.org, www-forms-editor@w3.org
jerome.negre@e-xmlmedia.fr writes:

> > The start and end attributes are stated to be optional.
> >
> > How can a user agent render a range for which it does not know the start
> > bound and the end bound or both?
> >
> > Andrew Watt
>
> By looking at the facets (minInclusive, maxExclusive) of the datatype.
>
> Jérôme

If that's the intended mechanism what's the purpose of an optional pair of
"hint" attributes? Can the user agent ignore the "hint"?

What happens if the two sources of information are inconsistent? Which value
takes precedence?

It seems to me to invite problems in scenarios where a developer/data model
person is writing the code for the schema and an interface person is writing
the XForms form control markup.

Andrew Watt