7.8.1 - property() function - version property

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 04:35:22 EDT
To: xforms@yahoogroups.com, www-forms@w3.org, www-forms-editor@w3.org

In 7.8.1 reference is made to the version property. The example code seems to
illustrate a situation where the value of the version property is contained
in the instance data.

This seems to me to be a very odd design. Why, for example, is there not a
version attribute on the xforms:model element with, for version 1.0, the only
legal value specified as "1.0"? Then an XForms processor knows what it is
dealing with - at least as far as the XForms model goes.

I appreciate that a missing version attribute might by default be interpreted
as "1.0" but why not put a version attribute on xforms:model and give it a
value?

Andrew Watt