From: Mark Birbeck <Mark.Birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:01:09 -0000
To: "'James Husman'" <jhusman@sio.midco.net>, www-forms-editor@w3.org

> Have we reached the point where I can create XForms objects with DOM yet

We haven't reached that point, in the sense that there is no DOM
specification. But I think we have reached that point in terms of having a
pretty good idea of what should go into that definition. I hope it will be
separate spec though, following the example of DOM2 and DOM3, so it
shouldn't impact 1.0 moving to a recommendation.

A couple of versions from now, all of the COM objects that make up
FormsPlayer will be available programmatically, so we'll obviously be
offering one possible set of interfaces, and you will be able to do what you
have described. But I'm sure there will be lots of heated debate on that, so
it is bound to go through a lot of iterations! (Having said that, we may
find that all of the current implementations have taken a similar approach,
and so a set of interfaces could be designed and agreed upon pretty

Mark Birbeck
Co-author Professional XML,
and Professional XML Meta Data,
both by Wrox Press