Re: SVG Fonts inside of OpenType fonts? [Cross-post from www-font@w3.org]

From: Lars Hellström <Lars.Hellstrom@residenset.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 22:44:06 +0200
To: www-font@w3.org
Two short remarks:

1. Rather than having mutually exclusive "SVG " and "SVGZ" tables, I believe
the SFNT'ish approach would be to have one "SVG " table with two (or more)
different formats: One raw, one compressed.

2. It would conversely be interesting to see an XML encoding for the
information in SFNT tables (I'm primarily thinking GPOS, GSUB, and friends,
as each table has to be specified separately). The last time I checked [oh
dear, that is close to two years ago!], there was only one tool around for
doing such conversions, and its XML format was completely undocumented. :-(

Lars Hellström