New file format names

From: Ben Weiner <ben@readingtype.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 23:58:11 +0100
To: www-font <www-font@w3.org>

Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> It would improve the format, IMHO, to give it a name that doesn't
> include "EOT".
Indeed; that will help the historians if no-one else.
> I offer "Web Open Type". Let the bikeshedding begin!
I prefer names that get away from 'embed' because you do not embed a
font in a web page in the same way that you embed it in a PDF.

I think Web Type Format, WTF, has probably already been suggested ;-)

Ben Weiner | http://readingtype.org.uk/about/contact.html