Re: Font MIME type (was RE: EOT-Lite File Format v.1.1)

On Fri, 2009-07-31 at 16:47 -0400, Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:
> On Friday, July 31, 2009 3:59 PM John Daggett wrote:
> >
> > We should probably register a MIME type for EOT-Lite (e.g.
> > application/font-eotlite).
> >

> I would like to inquire the group if you see any
>  need to apply to IANA for a top-level MIME type
>  registration for fonts.

There is not-quite-but-almost-normative language
suggesting that would be appropriate:

http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype

"All formats defined by W3C Recommendations are
 of general interest to the Internet Community and
 are therefore registered in the standards tree
 (formerly IETF tree), which requires approval by
 the IESG."

http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2004/0430-mime

"1. Registration of Media Types by W3C Working Groups

 W3C Working Groups engaged in defining a format
 follow How to Register a Media Type with IANA [IANAREG]
 to register an Internet Media Type (defined in [RFC2046])
 for the format."

-t