Re: EOT-Lite File Format

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 10:29:17 +1200
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>, www-font <www-font@w3.org>
On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com>wrote:

> 2. We recommend using 0x00020000 for EOTL files as that version has no
> rootstrings nor EUDC. This means step #2 checks for that value
> only.

What do you mean "has no rootstrings"? You'd want IE (<=8) to process
rootstrings contained in EOTL, to make it easier for authors to comply with
font licensing.

3. Set the embedding level to one of 0x0000 (installable), 0x0004 (preview
> and print), 0x0008 (editable), 0x0100 (no subsetting)

Seems to me it would be simplest to require the EOTL embedding level bits to
be exactly 0x0008. The other values don't make sense for Web fonts.

Rob
53:5-6]