Re: Another web font linking progress summary

From: Ben Weiner <ben@readingtype.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:17:52 +0100
To: www-font <www-font@w3.org>
CC: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Hi,

Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> Well, Thomas Lord is back there again. It does not mean 'we' have to be.

Point taken :-)
> Much good progress has been made. The implementation details of one proposal
> Have been investigated (some of them will be added to the list today). Tests
> are being run. We learned from the authors of the proposal about some of
> the things they would not require in their EULA. Talked about important
> Windows issues around OT/CFF, security etc. Lots and lots of good stuff.

You're absolutely right :-) In particular, I have found the information
about the effects fonts could have on the stability and security of an
operating system and about how browser vendors actually use the font
metadata in the name table (or rather, generally do not) extremely
interesting and helpful.

I look forward to the new proposal details, and the results of the
tests. Thanks for your efforts.

Cheers,
Ben

--