Re: I expect all foundries to start offering web font licenses within 6 months.

From: Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 10:36:34 -0700
To: Dave Crossland <dave@lab6.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-font <www-font@w3.org>
A font WG would be valuable for the purposes of:

1) Formalizing "EOT without mandatory root-string
enforcement" as mandatory for conformance.

2) Formalizing that everyone is free to implement
EOT.

3) Formalizing that TTF is mandatory.

4) Considering issues regarding compression and
   subsetting.

5) Perhaps considering the simple wrapper format
   proposal.

-t