Re: I expect all foundries to start offering web font licenses within 6 months.

2009/7/15 Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Dave Crossland<dave@lab6.com> wrote:
>>
>> Ascender have just announced they will be licensing EOTs by the end of
>> the month.
>
> The important question now is, will the non-IE browsers implement
> this?  Moz, Opera, Webkit folks?
> As well, will IE implement TTF linking now?  IE folks?

I think the chance of either camp doing either is slim to none.

> Finally, will everybody use same-origin restrictions on fonts?  We
> need to standardize on this, and I think SO is a good idea.

Referrer checking creates the same effect, so it doesn't matter if
they standardise it or not, because foundries will require referrer
checking until the current Safari userbase moved on to Safari 5 -
which will take years, the BBC still support Safari 3 for example.