RE: the discussion is over, resistance time

From: Levantovsky, Vladimir <Vladimir.Levantovsky@MonotypeImaging.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 23:16:33 -0400
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "Thomas Lord" <lord@emf.net>
Cc: "Sylvain Galineau" <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, "luke whitmore" <lwhitmore@gmail.com>, <www-font@w3.org>
On Thursday, July 02, 2009 10:39 PM Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Thomas Lord<lord@emf.net> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 19:19 -0500, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> >
> >> I think there's *some* (not necessarily good,
> >> but *some) chance you, me, Chris, howcome@,
> >> and others can shock the hell out of everyone
> >> else by suddenly agreeing about a bunch of
> >> stuff.
> > Frankly, I like to think so too.
>
> Hell, I'm fairly sure it's possible.  We're making better progress
> here than we have in a long while.

FWIW, I am certain we can agree on things and come up with a solution that will make the web a better place really soon.

> I do think it would be pretty damned hilarious to come back to
> www-style with everyone holding hands and skipping to the tune of some
> magical consensus proposal in a week.

In a week? I would be thrilled if it happens this soon, but that would mean I am going to miss it - I will be on vacation for the next two weeks, traveling in those places where internet connection is mostly unavailable (and slow when it is present). I wish you all great success. Keep it cool and keep the discussion going.

To all the "USians" (as Thomas put it) - Happy 4th of July!

Cheers,
Vladimir