RE: the discussion is over, resistance time

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 01:03:21 +0000
To: Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net>
CC: Gustavo Ferreira <gustavo.ferreira@hipertipo.net>, "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
>From: Thomas Lord [mailto:lord@emf.net]
>On Fri, 2009-07-03 at 00:23 +0000, Sylvain Galineau wrote:

>> The needless non-feature on offer is the same your own proposal aims
>for.
>

>As with Chris, I must ask, are you an
>honest debater, ma'am?

I do not believe implicit name-calling to be strictly necessary, nor helpful. Flatly asserting dishonesty is cheap, which probably explains why it's ineffective.

Switching my gender, however, is as good a demonstration as any of the number of conclusions you may be too casually jumping to around here.

It's Mr Galineau to you, Mr Lord. And it shall remain so until I undertake expensive - and expansive - surgery. (...even if some people may argue the French do not need transgender surgery...)

>That kind of statement simply does not follow
>from any of the preceding conversation.  I have
>difficulty forming any generous interpretation
>of how you arrived at that.
>
>For decades I have heard my older industry peers
>tell tales of Microsoft's thuggery in matters such
>as this and until TODAY I was highly skeptical.
>
>I thought they were exaggerating.  Do you mean
>to prove me wrong?

For decades from your older industry peers ? The Microsoft I work at went public in 1986. Who's exaggerating ?