Re: Re[4]: pixel fonts

From: Clive Bruton <Clive@typonaut.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 96 19:04:41 +0000
To: www-font@w3.org
Brad Chase:

>TrueDoc faithfully reproduces font images at all resolutions.

It does *not*. Well maybe if you cannot tell the difference between Helvetica
and Arial.

>It is NOT a means for
>skirting copyright laws or for illegally copying fonts.

It seems to me that is entirely the result of attempting to skirt the (US)
copyright laws rather than enabling reliable, solid encryption of original data.

It provides a simple method for extracting unprotected font outlines from
distributed documents. Unprotected in terms of copyright, unprotected in terms
of their ease of extraction from their carrier document.

-- Clive