Re: Suggestions for www4mail next patch

Clement,

Your list looks excellent.  I have only one other item that I would put on
the wish list and it's a big one.  You may disagree with me on it..... ;-)
 but I think that for true user flexibility, it would be great to allow
getweb style form-filling as well as the existing browser based form filling.

Cheers.... steve

At 07:06 AM 99/03/10 , www-email-discuss-request@w3.org wrote:

>Dear,
>I am trying to compile a list for the next www4mail patch
>
>1. Allow END Tag or Command
>	end and a few other tags E.g --
>
>2. Allow autodetection of MIME-TYPE for the get or send command
>	(right now www4mail assumes text/plain for get or send)
>
>3. Allow Users to select That FORM replies should arrive as
>	get or tsource..
>
>4. Smarter IP blocking
>	www4mail should try to look up the name of the IP address,
>	test the name and if the name fails then restrict the site
>	otherwise answer the request.
>
>5. Smarter HELP/COmment system
>	E.g split messages should carry a comment about re-combining
>	split parts.
>	Suggest decoder programs based on MIME type ???
>
>	Allow context sensitive help
>	E.g help XURLCODE or help GETPART , etc...
>
>6. Option to allow users turn off mail splitting
>
>7. Check for duplicate frame entries
>
>8. Additional check for X-RATED sites, via the
>	META Keywords header
>
>Any additions and suggestions or comments or code ;-) are welcomed.
>
>Thanks
>Clement Onime

Steve Song <ssong@idrc.ca>
Unganisha (Connectivity) Project <http://www.idrc.ca/unganisha>
International Development Research Centre
P.O. Box 8500, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1G 3H9
Tel. +1 613 236 6163 x2268  Fax +1 613 567 7748