Re: [DOM3Events/UIEvents] simple 'refresh' event?

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 4:15 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 7:00 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> > I think this would be cool if we also fired it on browsers which do
> > have a "reload" button. Enabling users to get a quicker updated of
> > what they're looking at would be good even for those browsers.
> >
> > Of course such browsers could still have UI which forced a reload
> > network reload of the page. I think most browsers already have a key
> > combination which force not just the HTML to be reloaded from the
> > network, but also forced any dependent resources to not come from
> > cache. Something similar could be done for this.
>
> Yeah, sounds good to do on all refreshes, assuming there's still an
> easy way to force-refresh the page.

That's fine with me, but this would be out of scope of the spec text -
right?  I.e. browser UI can provide ways to refresh and force reload, with
the specific UI an implementation detail.  We'd of course need to work with
Chrome UX to decide how exactly the different mechanisms should be
triggered on all platforms, but I can do that once we have a 'refresh'
event specified.