Re: [DOM3Events/UIEvents] simple 'refresh' event?

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Rick Byers <rbyers@chromium.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 4:15 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 7:00 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>> > I think this would be cool if we also fired it on browsers which do
>> > have a "reload" button. Enabling users to get a quicker updated of
>> > what they're looking at would be good even for those browsers.
>> >
>> > Of course such browsers could still have UI which forced a reload
>> > network reload of the page. I think most browsers already have a key
>> > combination which force not just the HTML to be reloaded from the
>> > network, but also forced any dependent resources to not come from
>> > cache. Something similar could be done for this.
>>
>> Yeah, sounds good to do on all refreshes, assuming there's still an
>> easy way to force-refresh the page.
>
> That's fine with me, but this would be out of scope of the spec text -
> right?  I.e. browser UI can provide ways to refresh and force reload, with
> the specific UI an implementation detail.  We'd of course need to work with
> Chrome UX to decide how exactly the different mechanisms should be triggered
> on all platforms, but I can do that once we have a 'refresh' event
> specified.

Sure. Though I think a spec document is also not worth very much until
we know if and how the various browsers tend to implement it.

Or to put it another way: I don't think mozilla would be interested in
implementing such a spec anywhere, unless other browsers plan on
making this event work consistently across all "default" reload UIs.

/ Jonas