Re: PSA: publishing FPWD of D3E Keyboard {key,code} Values specs and WD of UI Events

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 7:50 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > As previously discussed, Gary and Travis have moved the D3E event key and
> > codes from the D3E and UI Events specs to the following new specs:
> >
> > * DOM Level 3 KeyboardEvent key Values
> > <https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dom3events/raw-file/tip/html/DOM3Events-key.html
> >

> > * DOM Level 3 KeyboardEvent code Values
> > <
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dom3events/raw-file/tip/html/DOM3Events-code.html>
> >
> > They are working towards publishing FPWDs of these specs next week as
> well
> > as a new WD of the (now much smaller) UI Events spec:
> >
> >   <https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/d4e/raw-file/tip/source_respec.htm>
> >
> > If anyone has any comments or concerns about this plan, please speak up
> by
> > June 2 at the latest.
>
> UI Events was supposed to replace DOM Level 3 Events, not extend it.

None of the UIEvents drafts have ever been a replacement for D3E. The
UIEvent spec has always contained information to augment the core D3E spec.

What happened? What's the plan for fixing DOM Level 3 Events?

The plan for fixing D3E is that we're working on addressing all the
outstanding bugs for D3E. These FPWDs for the 'key' and 'code' tables are
required so that we can normatively refer to them in the next D3E draft
(planned for sometime in June).