Re: DOM: Futures

From: Jake Verbaten <raynos2@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:06:16 -0700
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
What are the semantics for the IO a Future does?

Does it start doing an asynchronous operation immediately?
Does it start doing an asynchronous operation once then or accept or done
is called?

Is a future a lazy representation of the asynchronous result?
Or is it simply an object on which you can put glorified event listeners
for success & failure?