Re: DOM: Futures

What are the semantics for the IO a Future does?

Does it start doing an asynchronous operation immediately?
Does it start doing an asynchronous operation once then or accept or done
is called?

Is a future a lazy representation of the asynchronous result?
Or is it simply an object on which you can put glorified event listeners
for success & failure?