Re: ReSpec BiblioDB Entry for DOM Level 4 Events

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 13:33:32 +0000
To: Jacob Rossi <Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com>
Cc: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>, Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>, "public-pointer-events@w3.org" <public-pointer-events@w3.org>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
On Saturday, 5 January 2013 at 11:55, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 1:01 AM, Jacob Rossi <Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com (mailto:Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com)> wrote:
> > Could we get an entry added to the BiblioDB for the new DOM Level 4 Events
> > specification? The Pointer Events specification needs to reference

I imagine you would need to do a pull request here:
https://bitbucket.org/ms2ger/anolis/
> I thought we agreed long ago to call this the UI Events specification?
> DOM Events is confusing with http://dom.spec.whatwg.org/#events

I agree with Anne about the name (or maybe just "Interaction Events"). I've been confused a few times when I've Googled for DOM4 and this document comes up 3rd in the search results:

http://html5labs.interoperabilitybridges.com/dom4events/

(it's labelled as a W3C Editor's draft, but should really be labelled as Unofficial until published… or has it been published?)