RE: Exceptions in event listeners triggered by dispatchEvent().

From: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 18:00:08 +0000
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
From: Boris Zbarsky [bzbarsky@MIT.EDU]

> Uh... Sure there is.  It's as simple as a function that catches the exception and then calls window.onerror, no?

My impression was that `window.onerror` had a lot of special semantics behind it, e.g. censoring cross-domain stack traces on `Error` objects, determining the error message/URL/line number combination (sometimes), dealing with the return value of onerror, etc. See http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/webappapis.html#runtime-script-errors and related.