Re: [dom] Need to describe the interaction of adoptNode with prototype chains

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> This was discussed a few times before, I believe Ian was holding out
>> for a default
>
> I'm not sure what that means, exactly.

I mean that he was hoping Web IDL would solve this.

Was the second paragraph also unclear?

>> I hope that for the non-node scenario we can keep this relatively
>> straightforward...
>
> I have no hope of anything involving adoptNode being straightforward.  :(

Right, but that involves nodes ;-) Though even there I think if we
clearly stipulate what objects are associated with a node from a
specification perspective we could make it very clear what needs to
happen (assuming all specification writers play ball...). Not sure how
easy it would be to implement, but if the list of associated objects
was clear you could just enumerate them and replace their
[[Prototype]] per the unwritten algorithm in Web IDL...

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/