Re: [dom] Need to describe the interaction of adoptNode with prototype chains

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 01:48:18 -0800
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: www-dom@w3.org, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>, Bobby Holley <bholley@mozilla.com>
> I don't really understand the web components angle, because I don't
> really understand the inner workings of web components.

The relevant web components issue is that they change what the prototype
chain for some elements looks like, but on a per-document basis....  The
question is what happens when such an element is then adopted into a
different document.

> This was discussed a few times before, I believe Ian was holding out
> for a default

I'm not sure what that means, exactly.

> I hope that for the non-node scenario we can keep this relatively
> straightforward...

I have no hope of anything involving adoptNode being straightforward.  :(

> By the way, ES6 will define __proto__:
> https://people.mozilla.com/~jorendorff/es6-draft.html#sec-B.3

Good, good!

-Boris