Re: DOM Keyboard Event Level 3 questions about proposal

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 10:53:22 -0500
To: "Hallvord R. M. Steen" <hallvord@opera.com>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org, Егор Николаев <termi1uc1@gmail.com>
On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com>wrote:

> Well, it cuts both ways. If you as an author tell me as a user agent what
> to do when the user presses "H", I can do that for you on some touch screen
> or remote control.

(If you're using this for game input, then the input method probably
doesn't work on touchscreens in the first place.  You don't play games with
the onscreen keyboard open.)

If you on the other hand tell me what to do when the user presses the key
> that is 7th from the left and 4th from the top I can't necessarily promise
> to translate that to a potentially very different device.

I'd imagine you'd call a function to retrieve the button label in that
position, so on QWERTY systems you'd say "press A" and on AZERTY you'd say
"press Q".

--
Glenn Maynard