Re: [DOM4] EventTarget as first class citizen

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 11:35:12 +0100
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, "Dimitri Glazkov" <dglazkov@chromium.org>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org, arv <arv@google.com>, "Alex Russell" <slightlyoff@google.com>
On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 19:30:01 +0100, Dimitri Glazkov
<dglazkov@chromium.org> wrote:
> Right--and that part would still have to stay that way for a while.
> However, for non-DOM objects, we can use parentNode to create event
> ancestor lists and that would be nifty in the sense of consistency.
>
> Also, I remember arv and Alex having some thoughts on this subject.
> Maybe their thoughts are more interesting than mine.

I'm not sure it would make sense to add parentNode to EventTarget as then
it would also be added to a bunch of places where it does not make much
sense, such as XMLHttpRequest and WebSocket. Can developers not maintain
the parent chain themselves?

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/