Re: [DOM4] EventTarget as first class citizen

From: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:30:01 -0800
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org, arv <arv@google.com>, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>
On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 2/29/12 11:41 AM, Dimitri Glazkov wrote:
>>
>> What if we just make it traverse using parentNode accessor?
>

> That's not quite what DOM objects do.
>
> More precisely, messing with the parentNode that JS sees directly, has
> absolutely no effect on the event dispatch flow.

Right--and that part would still have to stay that way for a while.
However, for non-DOM objects, we can use parentNode to create event
ancestor lists and that would be nifty in the sense of consistency.

Also, I remember arv and Alex having some thoughts on this subject.
Maybe their thoughts are more interesting than mine.