Re: [DOM4] Mutation algorithm imposed order on document children

From: Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:34:51 -0700
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@gmail.com>, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>, www-dom <www-dom@w3.org>
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 6/14/12 1:28 PM, Ojan Vafai wrote:
>
>> Would allowing extra DocTypes or a DocType after the element complicate
>> Gecko's implementation?
>>

> Offhand, I would guess not, though some code would need auditing.

In my ideal world, I think we'd just disallow appending DocTypes entirely,
but I'm sure we can't for back-compat reasons. Next best IMO is allowing as
many DocTypes as you want wherever you want. I'm also OK with only allowing
1 DocType node before/after the element.

Do any of the above options seem acceptable to you?