Simplifying element creation

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 10:30:45 +0200
To: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
So far we discussed having Element.create() and having new methods on Node
that would be more practical than what we have today. Maybe we should
combine these in some way? Charles proposed some kind of JSON
serialization, but I do not think it makes sense to tie it to JSON.

It could be something like this:

ELEMENT = [NAME, optional ATTRS, optional EVENT_HANDLERS, TEXT | ELEMENT
...]

   ["div", "Hello ", ["a", {href:"/"}, "World"]]

Then the new methods we introduce could accept the above syntax to make it
easier to append new elements to the DOM.

   ele.append(['div'])

would append a <div> element. If you want to append several elements, you
would use

   ele.append("Hello ", ["i", "World"])

I.e. append() takes "infinite" arguments.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/