From: Charles Pritchard [mailto:chuck@jumis.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 9:29 PM
To: Jacob Rossi
Cc: www-dom@w3.org
Subject: Re: ISSUE-111: Add z attribute to mouse events?

On 8/12/11 12:03 AM, Jacob Rossi wrote:
Hi folks,

This issue has been closed for quite some time. But I want to make sure it has proper visibility. Consistent with CSS OM View, DOM L3 Events does not define a "clientZ" property. Future specifications may be able to  better consider such a definition should a need arise. Let us know if there's any concerns with this decision.

Related -- "force" and rotationAngle are in the Touch Events version 2 files. clientZ is mentioned, though not included.
They were introduced in exploration of the InkML spec. They were removed from version one, for harmony with existing touch implementations

(old touch events doc, with force)
http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-touch-events-20110505/

(removal from v1)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011JulSep/0027.html

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webevents/raw-file/tip/touchevents.html

Pressure sensitive devices have been around for quite some time, it'd be nice
to have a standard way to access that ink data.

-Charles