Re: [DOM3 Events] compositionstart shouldn't be cancelable for IME

On 08/16/2011 10:30 AM, Daniel Danilatos wrote:
 > but then I'm curious as to why the event can not be cancelled,
 > since the browser can clearly prevent manipulation of its own DOM.

Since both Google Chrome (confirmed on Windows) and Firefox (confirmed
on Win/Mac/Linux) cannot prevent launching IME composition by
preventDefault() of comositionstart event.

The compositionstart event is actually fired when IME composition has
been started. So, it's impossible to prevent composition by cancelling
compositionstart.

--
Masayuki Nakano <masayuki@d-toybox.com>
Manager, Internationalization, Mozilla Japan.