Re: [DOM3 Events] compositionstart shouldn't be cancelable for IME

From: Daniel Danilatos <daniel.danilatos@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 09:30:34 +0200
To: Masayuki Nakano <masayuki@d-toybox.com>
Cc: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
The DOM is under the control of the browser. It is important that the js app
can manipulate the dom, adjust the selection, etc as needed during
composition start, and still have everything work. This all currently works
very well in webkit and Firefox, and probably IE. I assume you aren't
proposing to change this existing capability, but then I'm curious as to why
the event can not be cancelled, since the browser can clearly prevent
manipulation of its own DOM.

Regards,
Dan