ISSUE-179: DOM Core uses INVALID_STATE_ERR (DOMException) where D3E uses DISPATCH_REQUEST_ERR (EventException)

From: Jacob Rossi <Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 21:59:34 +0000
To: "annevk@opera.com" <annevk@opera.com>
CC: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
Hi Anne,

Per the working group's discussion in the 5/5/2011 teleconference, we have rejected this issue. We find it useful to have a unique exception name for this case. The more descriptive name provides more context for the error at hand; making debugging easier. Additionally, not overloading INVALID_STATE_ERROR is preferable for SEO of specs and other documentation to help understand the error.

Thanks,

Jacob