Re: [DOMCore] extensions to Event

From: Jacob Rossi <Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 21:49:17 +0000
To: "annevk@opera.com" <annevk@opera.com>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
>> It kind of seems these should be removed from browsers as none of them are
Eventually, we'd like to remove these once sites no longer use them. I haven't looked recently at usage data for these. Many of these were aspects from IE's legacy event model. I suspect Gecko/Webkit added them in order to improve compatibility.

>> Does anyone think DOM Core should add any of these?
No. They're proprietary extensions that are either not useful or duplicate functionality in the standards model.