Re: [DOMCore] Making event initializing easier

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 19:07:58 +0000 (UTC)
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
On Sat, 25 Jun 2011, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> How would you define
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/progress/#interface-progressevent in a
> more simple manner? Defining the mapping for the dictionary is rather
> trivial, but I agree that if we can make it more trivial or unnecessary
> even, that would be nice.

"The lengthComputable attribute must return the value it was initalised
to. Its default value is false."

Then in the definition of the constructor: "Initialise all attributes to
their default values. For each attribute with name /foo/ in the
dictionary, initialise the attribute on the event with the same name /foo/
to the value of the attribute on the dictionary."

With a bit more massaging to use the right terms and so on, but that's the
basic idea.