Re: [DOMCore] Making event initializing easier

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 19:00:04 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jun 2011, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> The way it is defined now is that events have a set of concepts
>> associated with them and the object members return those. E.g. .bubbles
>> "internally" is the bubble flag. It does not make sense if the event
>> dictionary would refer directly to the properties. I suppose we could
>> revamp the way events are defined though, but I am not sure how.
>
> Oh well "bubbles" and the other core attributes can be defined that way,
> sure, they're more complicated. But for other events, there's not really
> any magic in the attributes, right? They're read/write generally and
> simply return the last thing they were set to. For those, no need for any
> special flags.

Well, they are as simple as bubbles I would say. E.g.
ProgressEvent.lengthComputable is pretty much identical (currently its
internal name is "maximum known flag").

How would you define
http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/progress/#interface-progressevent in a more
simple manner? Defining the mapping for the dictionary is rather trivial,
but I agree that if we can make it more trivial or unnecessary even, that
would be nice.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/