Re: [DOM3Events] keyCode and charCode [ISSUE-133]

Hi, Simon-

Simon Pieters wrote (on 5/9/11 12:19 PM):
> On Fri, 06 May 2011 05:57:50 +0200, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> It seems you were the original poster for ISSUE-133, adding keyCode
>> and charCode:
>> http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/133
>>
>> I've followed Hallvord's suggestion (see below)... could you please
>> let us know if this satisfies you, as well?
>
> I would be happier if it were normative, but I'm not going to object.

Understood.

> I don't see browsers implementing LegacyKeyboardEvent as an interface
> that extends KeyboardEvent, since this would cause all keyboard events
> to show up as "legacy" in debuggers and elsewhere. It seems better to
> specify it as
>
> [Supplemental]
> interface KeyboardEvent {
> }

That's (more or less) how I had it originally, but got feedback asking
to make it distinct from the KeyboardEvent interface.  I've now changed
it back to being supplemental, per your suggestion, and simply made the
distinction clear in the prose.

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/DOM-Level-3-Events/html/DOM3-Events.html#KeyboardEvent-supplemental-interface

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, WebApps, and Web Events WGs