Re: Conflicts between D3E and Web DOM Core

On 03/13/2011 06:58 PM, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 1:21 PM, Jonas Sicking<jonas@sicking.cc>  wrote:
>>> Not all.  WebKit doesn't check whether initEvent was called; it just
>>> checks whether event.type != "".  If it's to allow e.type == "", it
>>> would need a new flag indicating whether initEvent was called.
>>
>> I don't see a reason to allow empty string as event name. I don't see
>> a strong reason to forbid it either, but since we need some sort of
>> state which indicates "event has been initied" then checking for empty
>> type seems fine. So we could make initEvent throw if called with an
>> empty type.
>
> If initEvent is to stay required, I think this is best.  All else
> equal, reducing hidden state is a clear win.

I'm not sure about that. There doesn't seem to be a strong relation
between and event having an empty type and it being uninitialized. I've
changed DOM Core to add an "initialized" flag. [1]

Thanks for your feedback
Ms2ger

[1]
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#initialized-flag