Minutes, DOM3 Events Telcon, 8 December 2010

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 18:25:40 -0500
To: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-webapps-irc

scribenick: jrossi
jrossi: would like to nail down inputLocale
jrossi: some pushback for putting it on compositionEvent instead of
textEvent
jrossi: have no issue with putting it in on textEvent, provided we can
spec it in a way that implementations will pass the test when only
providing this value for keyboard and IME inputMethods (and remaining
values can be null)
smaug: no pushback for compositionEvent, just a recommendation that it
be in addition to textEvent
jrossi: agreed
shepazu: i think it can always be null, so that a passing implementation
can provide either null or the correct locale code
jrossi: that would be acceptable
jrossi: should inputLocale be in the init methods for these interfaces?
shepazu: yeah let's add this to the init and that will let us test this
better, and enable script-based textEvents to provide locale (eg,
script-based IME)
RESOLUTION: we will have inputLocale on KeyboardEvent, CompositionEvent,
and TextEvent, and add this the initialization methods for all three