Re: DOM3 Events last call comment

Hi, Jonas-

Jonas Sicking wrote (on 10/21/10 8:20 PM):

> I'm arguing that even "just" keyboard and mouse is enough to warrant a
> activation event, separate from mouse-click and key-press. So the need
> always existed.

Oh, I see.  Yes, we agree there.  That browsers added artificial 'click'
events on keyboard activation was pragmatic but unfortunate.  It was
good for making legacy content more accessible, but it was a short-term
solution.  DOMActivate would have been a better solution if it had taken
off right away.

> Anyhow, I suspect we're arguing an unimportant aspect as we seem to
> both agree that in an ideal world there would be a separate activation
> event different from "click", but that's not the ideal world that
> we're living in.

Yep, again I agree.

However, I do think that we may have a real second chance at defining
these user-action events, so all is not lost... just a little delayed.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs