Re: ISSUE-131 (defaultView load ): Define load event to fire on defaultView [DOM3 Events]

From: Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 14:22:28 +0900
To: "Doug Schepers" <schepers@w3.org>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org, "Simon Pieters" <simonp@opera.com>
On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 03:29:49 +0900, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:

> What would your suggested text be for the clarification, and can you
> please point me to the relevant sections of HTML5?

Current text:

> Note: for legacy reasons, the load event does not propagate to the
> defaultView in HTML implementations.

My suggestion would be something like

Note: for legacy reasons, load events dispatched when resources inside the
document are loaded do not propagate to the defaultView in HTML
implementations. The load event for the document itself is dispatched on
the defaultView as described in [HTML5].

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen, Core Tester, Opera Software
http://www.opera.com http://my.opera.com/hallvors/