Re: DOM level 3 Validation

Thanks Doug.

I have done a little more research and I think what I need here is help
developing a validator using Brzozowski derivatives/DFA state method (
Definite Finite Automaton - derivatives described here:
http://cmsmcq.com/2005/abdxsp.unicode.html). I need this to be in javascript
but I have a feeling this has been implemeneted in java somewhere. I could
probably port the code over if I had an open source solution to work off of.

I'm in the midst of creating a prototype but could use some guidance. If you
know anyone or if there is anyone on the list that might be able to help
please let me know.

Cheers,

Casey

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi, Casey-
>
> Casey Jordan wrote (on 4/21/10 3:48 PM):
>

>> Looking to get in contact with the creators of the DOM level 3
>> validation specification as well as anyone who as done work with it.
>>
>> Trying to determine if there are any implementations that exist.
>>

> I don't know much about the DOM level 3 Validation spec, and the
> implementation report [1] only shows 3 implementations (1 each from Oracle,
> X-Hive, and Arbortext), none of which were publicly available as of the time
> of testing.  I think that it is implemented in the Oracle XML Developer Kit.
>
> I have read that you can get some of the same functionality via the
> Post-Schema-Validation Infoset (PSVI), so depending on what you are looking
> for, you might look down that path.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2003/07/DOM-Level-3-Val-implementations.html
> [2] http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/xml/xdkhome.html
>
> Regards-
> -Doug Schepers
> W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs

Casey Jordan
Jorsek Software LLC.
"CaseyDJordan" on LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook
Cell (585) 771 0189
Office (585) 239 6060
Jorsek.com

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please be advised that any disclosure  copying, distribution, or use of
the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please destroy all copies of the message,
whether in electronic or hard copy format, as well as attachments, and
immediately contact the sender by replying to this e-mail or by phone.
Thank you.