Re: DOM level 3 Validation

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:46:26 -0400
To: Casey Jordan <casey.jordan@jorsek.com>
CC: www-dom@w3.org
Hi, Casey-

Casey Jordan wrote (on 4/21/10 3:48 PM):

> Looking to get in contact with the creators of the DOM level 3
> validation specification as well as anyone who as done work with it.
>
> Trying to determine if there are any implementations that exist.

I don't know much about the DOM level 3 Validation spec, and the
implementation report [1] only shows 3 implementations (1 each from
Oracle, X-Hive, and Arbortext), none of which were publicly available as
of the time of testing.  I think that it is implemented in the Oracle
XML Developer Kit.

I have read that you can get some of the same functionality via the
Post-Schema-Validation Infoset (PSVI), so depending on what you are
looking for, you might look down that path.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2003/07/DOM-Level-3-Val-implementations.html
[2] http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/xml/xdkhome.html

Regards-
-Doug Schepers