Re: [dom3events] glossary - target node

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:56:20 +0200, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:
> Does it still make sense to use the term node now that one of the
> objects that is part of the event flow is not a node? The term "event
> target" seems clear enough on its own and is defined in terms of objects
> already. One less term would not hurt in my opinion, but maybe I miss
> something.

This problem also comes up in other sections, e.g. in 3.1 it is stated
that "Event objects are always dispatched to a node called the event
target." which is not true. In fact, the graph just before it contradicts
it.

Fixing this requires some detailed reading around each usage of the term
"node", "document" and "tree" I think to make sure the sentences also make
sense when there is none of that. (As in Web Workers for instance.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/