Re: remedy for click event

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 22:05:26 +0200, Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>
wrote:
> On 9/20/09 1:29 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> Regardless, due to the HTML4 Transitional profile that is how many
>> authors perceive it too. I just checked HTML4 and it says this about
>> deprecated: "User agents should continue to support deprecated elements
>> for reasons of backward compatibility." That does not seem to match what
>> you want.
>
> The keyword here is "continue".
> If UA already implements some feature, it should continue to support it.
> But UA doesn't need to *add* support for a deprecated feature.
> That is at least how I read the word "deprecated" in DOM 3 Events.

I see. Then I'd disagree with it since if we agree that e.g. DOMFocusIn
and DOMFocusOut do not need to be implemented (or need to be "deprecated")
I'd like for Opera to remove support for them (less focus code to worry
about is always a plus) and not violate the specification.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/