Re: Current state of DOM2 Traversel and Range

On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 20:36:35 +0200, Morten Barklund <morten@barklund.dk>
wrote:
> I am writing due to an interest in the DOM2 Traversal and Range
> specification, that I understand is in need of a rewrite.
>
> However, I fail to see the "many" problems being the cause for this need
> - I have read the Errata, but it only has minor corrections and then
> there
> was the discussion on this list last year about Range.insertNode().

The errata are not maintained.

> What is the status of the adoption of the specification? Are browser
> implementations so far from specification, that it is irrelevant or have
> vendors understood parts of the spec differently due to missing details
> or?

I think most browsers have an implementation due to Acid3.

> What would be the purpose of a rewrite and what would be the work
> involved?

More clearly define the idea and processing model and define the various
extensions that have been implemented over the years. (It would probably
also make sense to split them as they are quite separate.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/