Current state of DOM2 Traversel and Range

From: Morten Barklund <morten@barklund.dk>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 20:36:35 +0200 (CEST)
To: <www-dom@w3.org>
Hi,

I am writing due to an interest in the DOM2 Traversal and Range
specification, that I understand is in need of a rewrite.

However, I fail to see the "many" problems being the cause for this need -
I have read the Errata, but it only has minor corrections and then there
was the discussion on this list last year about Range.insertNode().

What is the status of the adoption of the specification? Are browser
implementations so far from specification, that it is irrelevant or have
vendors understood parts of the spec differently due to missing details
or?

What would be the purpose of a rewrite and what would be the work involved?

--
Morten Barklund